Give Feedback

Add a send-time range separate from the default time

If I choose to optimize the send time for my contacts, Bronto does so over a 24-hour period. Why must that period begin at the default delivery time (i.e., when messages to contacts without enough data will go)?

For example, if I want my contacts to receive a message on Friday, I want the default time to be 9am. But, I want the 24-hour period to be 3am Friday to 2:59am Saturday. I'd rather have early risers get the message Friday morning, not Saturday morning.

10 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, due to promotional cadence, most apparel companies cannot use the "optimize for time of day" feature as it works on a 24 hours window, but does not take the date into consideration. Leaving the window open for an email to go out on a different day than planned, and the promotion no longer being valid. Can we add in an option to select a specific day or date range as to when the email will deploy? I believe many apparel companies (or any company that changes offers/content regularly) will find this incredibly useful.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

** Two tickets have been merged to this one master request. All comments have been retained and are included in the escalation notes for our Engineering Department. Any further updates will be added to this ticket. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to comment here. **

Thank you,
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

• mcaden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was about to post this concept myself when I stumbled on this. Great idea Jeff and would apply to almost any send that involved specials/promotions with end dates inside the same week.

I run weekly specials and campaigns regularly and would love to drop my email in inboxes when it was most likely to get opened this way.

Also, sending like this regularly could begin to change the behavior of your subscribers in a positive way. You may see them begin to open at a different time/day based on when your promotions end which, inturn, has the potential to lead to more sales.

• Jeff Bartlett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The send-date optimized and send-time optimized options are great, but they have some limitations that I think could be fixed easily.

I propose that start & end times for these send options be assignable: send-time optimized across a 6-hour or 12-hour window, send-date optimized between Monday and Wednesday, etc.

For example, let's assume I am sending an email that I'd like everyone to receive this evening after work. If I start at a reasonable midpoint -- say, 7PM -- some of my list will still be at work on the west coast when I start sending, and some will be in bed when sending finishes. What if I could specify, say, optimize the time between 6PM and 10PM?

Likewise, we almost never use send-date optimization because it's too slow in many instances. If I have a sale that ends Saturday, and I'm sending an email on Monday, I can't use this feature -- but I COULD use it if we could specify "no later than Thursday" or what have you.

I can think of a dozen uses for this, and I bet your other clients can think of hundreds.

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base