Give Feedback

Add a read-only workflow view

I'd like the first click into a workflow to show a read-only view for analysis, with an edit button to edit. It's too easy to accidentally disturb a workflow when you're just looking and scrolling around.

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

P.S. The buttons already have their own CSS id. It would literally require a copy of the page with <style>#workflow_buttons {display:none;}</style> added and this would work.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not possible to make a second version of the workflow editor without the save buttons? That's all it would take.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good morning Jeff,

I really like this idea! I've made similar "accidental edits" myself and think an intermediate view page would be a great solution. For right now, I would recommend just hitting CANCEL when you want to leave the Workflow. It may warn you that changes haven't been saved, but you can still exit out. We're revamping all of our platform permissions next year, so expect there to be some new Workflow settings available there too.

I'll let you know as I receive any updates from the Automation Product Manager. Don't hesitate to reach out if you needed anything else!

- Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base