Give Feedback

display orders table all records and improved search criteria

Currently, the only way to display data in the orders table is by searching for a specific order ID or orders for a specific contact. We would like to be able to display all orders in the table, and to search by additional criteria such as status, order date, created date, amount (range), shipping date.

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew Krasner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all, doing some spring cleaning in our feedback forum. Since Andrew's original submission more than two years ago, we changed the Orders page to allow display of all orders in the table (just like requested), for a given date range. It has also been possible for some time to export data from that grid. We recognize that the export process could be faster and more flexible, so there is a project afoot to work on that.

So, the main ask from this request is done, but we are further enhancing it since we know that access to order data is important for our customers.

Eric @ Bronto

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very similarly to this, I need to search orders based on "contains" as opposed to exact order IDs.

We have an issue that seems so simple yet can't be done currently.

When we do our testing, all testing orders come in with the word testing in front of the order ID (i.e. Testing123 is a test order and order 123 would have been an actual order). We removed test contacts from the database but their orders did not delete when the contacts were deleted. And I can not search to find these orders to provide the order IDs to our engineers to run the delete orders API call.

Being able to use the search orders based on "contains" _____ in the order ID or email address would be so helpful. My priority now would be to remove the test orders but I'd love to see all orders done by one company based on domain. Doing this by segment does not have the same effect as you can't see the order details for the company, just the # of people that made a purchase.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Andrew,

I've just spoken with the Product Manager handling all aspects of Commerce data. When we released the Orders section within the Tables tab, it was a conscious decision to make that grid searchable only by specific order or contact IDs. To load all orders, across all contacts would be an incredibly data-intensive request that would slow down the system immensely - especially for those accounts which have imported historical data!

However, I agree with you that sometimes you need to be able to see all the data in order to spot trends and do further analysis. Happily we are already working on an option to EXPORT all order data. This would give you all order related data in a CSV file, which can be manipulated or filtered however you'd like. I do not yet have a specific timeframe on when they're hoping to release that function, but I do know that Engineering work has already begun. I will continue to keep this request open as any new information is received.

Thanks so much Andrew, and have a great afternoon!
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base