Give Feedback

Add On Change Node

I want to have On Change node build in Automation.

There are lots of companies, not only mine, that rely on sending triggered emails to users whose values in one of the fields been changed.

For example, I have a field called Account Status that contains two values: Paid and Not Paid. First I come in as a user with value Not Paid. Later on, my account status could change to Paid and I would like to trigger an email. I don't want to build different segments for that. I want everything to be done in one workflow and one step.

1. On Change: previous value = Not Paid to new value = Paid
2. Send email

Easy enough.

4 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eugene shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems related to a suggestion I made: I want workflows to watch for an event (as opposed to a status, which a segment does). In my case I want to trigger a workflow when a contact clicks a specific link in a specific email. Segments are designed to collect contacts by status ("people who *have* clicked this link any time in the past). Workflows are designed to trigger by event ("when someone clicks this link").

I your case, having this as a workflow trigger makes sense to me since what you're describing is an event.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Eugene,

I've created a ticket for this request and escalated to the Product Manager handling Workflows. In order to offer something like this we would also have to change how we store and react to contact field changes. Right now, once the value is updated to "Paid" we have no record of what the value used to be. But I do think your use-case makes sense and will get this ticket in front of the right people. As I receive more information from them on the possibility of making this change, I will keep the ticket up to date.

Thanks so much Eugene!
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base