Give Feedback

Realtime producttag usage and preview

Right now the producttags can only be filled in while sending a message. This gives a big risk, I can only check if the producttags are filled in properly by sending a test message. Though when I send the new message I have to refill all the producttags, if I make a mistake all our subscribers get the wrong product in their newsletter.

This is a big risk, it also doesn't make sense to not be able to preview the products before the email is sent.

In this feature using the producttags the products should already be picked within the WYSIWYG editor or message creator using a custom template. Then during the preview the products should be visible. To make sure all the producttags are filled correctly.

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew Krasner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to be able to preview messages with cart/order data. We are transitioning from another email solution provider, AutoResponderMax, which has this capability. In that tool, I am able to enter an order ID, when previewing a message, and the data from that order will populate into the message preview.

This would be very helpful when developing post-order follow-up emails such as requests for product reviews, as well as abandoned cart emails.

• AdminBronto (Product Management, Bronto Software) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Jurre,

Thanks for this submission - so sorry it took a few days to get you an answer. The change you're looking for would impact Engineering teams across UI/UX, Products and Sending, it took me a bit to get feedback from all the associated Product Managers.

The good news is that this is an item we already have in our queue, and we're looking to implement exactly as you requested. We also have an open request to provide a search or menu selection when choosing your default product IDs - to avoid risk of typos, etc.

I do not yet have an estimate on when these changes might be completed, but having them in the backlog queue already is a great step. I'll keep this ticket updated as the involved teams provide more information.

Thanks again Jurre, and don't hesitate to reach out if you needed anything else!
        - Jocelyn @ Bronto

Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base