Ideas.Bronto.com

\\
\\

Give Feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need a feature that retracts emails that have been sent.

We need a feature that retracts emails that have been sent. It is extremely frustrating to catch an error in an email that's being sent with NO way of correcting the error. Our emails are set up manually, and even with multiple people looking at the emails before they're sent, mistakes are inevitably missed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for your suggestion. We’ve all been there with the feeling of having checked something over thoroughly and still missing a mistake after the email is sent. Unfortunately it simply isn’t possible (regardless of ESP, or even your personal email client) to redact a message.

To help customers avoid sending emails with technical mistakes (bad HTML, wrong tags), we have been rolling out a feature that validates your messages and warns you if we find something.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Eric @ Product

2. Make the Magento 1 Module/Extension Provide a 2 Way Sync of Subscription Status

The Magento 1 Module provides only a 1 way subscription status sync from Magento to Bronto. This creates a terrible customer experience where they may unsubscribe via Bronto (eg: through the footer unsubscribe) and this unsubscribe is NOT sync'd back to Magento.

This means that customer service see the customer as subscribed in Magento admin and the customers sees themselves as still subscribed in Magento 'My Account' but they are not actually subscribed to anything. Then you have the added confusion of multi-list subscriptions (and transactional email subscriptions) and it all starts to get messy fast.

The Bronto Magento 2…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Message Size Statistic

Would be great to have a stat listing each email's size - by what I'm reading email size is a good indicator of deliverability

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At this time, we have elected not to proceed with this request. It’s not that we don’t think it’s a valuable metric. It’s simply extremely difficult to calculate in a reliable manner. Many aspects of the message size are not determined until the message is actually sent. Dynamic Content, personalization, Product details, Recommendations, and Mobile/Desktop versions, are only some of the factors at play.

If you have additional questions on this, I’m happy to provide additional guidance or suggestions. Just comment here or reach out to your Account Manager.

Thanks so much,
    Jocelyn @ Bronto

4. add the ability to change the test subject line for every message

We are able to append "test" on subject lines but it would be more beneficial to be able to customize that for every email message. This way you can put an internal code in the subject line or the number of the test you are sending. When you send several tests there is no easy way to know what version of test you are on. Or if the emails are similar it is very hard to tell which one you are looking at. You could change the subject line when you test but that adds in an execution risk as…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Profiler - Multi Select Values

When in Profiler, currently we cannot select a range of numbers within the field options. This would allow for viewing potential segments in a range of days, number of orders, dollars generated etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a read-only workflow view

I'd like the first click into a workflow to show a read-only view for analysis, with an edit button to edit. It's too easy to accidentally disturb a workflow when you're just looking and scrolling around.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to rename and delete custom content block items in the WYSIWYG editor

It would be nice to have the ability to rename and delete the custom content block items in the WYSIWYG editor instead of just being able to edit them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages - Content Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New Message New Version

The new version of the New Message it is not useful if you have already a HTML code. You can not change anything easily. Let us back to the old version. It take more than 3 hours to change an email ;-(, when we dit it in 15 minutes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages - Drag & Drop Message Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make a special tag for a set time after sent date

I know there's a tag for sent date, but it would be nice if we could add a special tag for a set time after that date. For instance, I need to use it to promote specials that expire a day or week after the email is sent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Holdback group from Send Message process

Currently, in order to do a holdback analysis, I have to Export my Segment to a List, then split the List (90/10 in my case), and then send to the 90% list. This adds steps and clutters my lists.

Rather, I would like a holdback option within the Send Message options, where I can add a percent of list to exclude from the sending. From there, I should then be able to export them to Lists for downloading and reporting against.

This would simplify the sending process, and shift reporting labor onto the reporting step, and keep the messaging process…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set-up the API for Constant Contact so new customers can plug in credentials and you pull the contact information and activity

Set-up the API for Constant Contact so new customers can plug in credentials and you pull the contact information and activity. It should be easy to go to Bronto and having that information pulled automatically from Constant Contact without more development time and money spent on the customer's side is huge.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Consolidate Summary report and detailed contact report into 1 when "both" is selected

Instead of receiving 2 separate reports when "both" is selected having them rolled into 1.

Also the ability to schedule the "both" report option when setting the send up as at the moment you can only do it for the summary report when setting up the send.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is not something we are looking to change at this time. However, we are planning a complete overhaul of all reporting tools in the future and will definitely take this suggestion into consideration then!

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is not something we are looking to implement at this time. You are welcome to use a Reply-To address on your outgoing deliveries and then setup a response message on your side. But any messages Bronto were to send (if we were to implement this) would count toward your email allocation, which probably isn’t what you’re looking to do.

15. Allow contacts to be Merged

Customers seem to have 2-3 emails each these days, and they can never remember which one they've used, so they end up with several in Bronto. It would be very helpful to be able to merge these contacts together so that order history, open rates, etc are more valid for segmentation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. create a widget to "Add Event to my Calendar" like Cvent does

Would allow recipients to add an event to their Outlook, Google, Yahoo, etc. calendars

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bulk send of transactional emails to Unsubscribed Contacts (for compliance purposes)

Being in the financial industry, we have to disclose any changes to accounts to our customers. It would be much easier to be able to send bulk transactional emails to these groups to notify them of the changes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Email Alerts: Send an alert when a sub-account has entreated in to the "danger zone" of having a Sender Rating of 7 or less.

Welp, that's about it. An email alert whenever a sub-account is behaving poorly and their Sender Rating ends up below 7. Presently, the only way I know if a sub-account is sending like it's 1999 is if I look at the homepage / dash and see them on the list. Due to a bug though, I can only see when 3 are behaving badly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multi-Brand  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our existing alert emails will go out to the Multi-Brand level when a subaccount has a Sender Rating is 5 or below, low individual Delivery Rating, has a high bounce rate or high complaint rate. So even though we are unable to send a “warning” email when a subaccount is getting close the bounce and complaint rate alerts should give advanced notice or a subaccount running into trouble.

19. Send newsletters to a specific list

Allow sending of newsletters to a specific list via email like this MailChimp feature (send campaigns via private email message).

http://blog.mailchimp.com/email-beamer-send-campaigns-via-private-email-address/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keep HTML doctype when importing using "Send Webpage"

For some reason, the doctype is stripped out of the message when imported using the "Send Webpage" method. You can copy/paste the same code into the HTML (Code View) editor, and it keeps the doctype.

Normally, this isn't a big deal, but since some advanced responsive layout techniques rely on doctype, it breaks the mobile layout.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages - Drag & Drop Message Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we do allow you to keep the DOCTYPE for HTML-coded templates, we intentionally strip it out when sending a message as a webpage. This is because websites can use many different Doctypes that are not supported by Bronto or by email clients in general, and that would cause your email to not render at all.

• Don't see your idea?
Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base