Ideas.Bronto.com

\\
\\

Give Feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expand Stone Edge API to include cumulative sales values

The Stone Edge Order Manager integration works well and makes it very simple to import and update contact information in Bronto. It passes data from the past 3 sales and the past 12 months values (cumulatively). I would love to see it expanded to include a customer's lifetime value (net spend) and the total number of purchases.

My end goal is to use Bronto to power our customer loyalty program, but that would require more sales data than we are currently able to import to Bronto via the API.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add API specs for classic ASP

I see PHP is used. Why cant you guys provide documentation or client examples using classic ASP?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Dreamweaver to access Bronto's content hosting server

The majority of designers use Adobe Dreamweaver to create html-anything.
    It would be VERY useful if Bronto had the ability to connect with Dreamweaver's site-management tools, through FTP or otherwise. This would midigate the time it takes to create more complex emails than Bronto's WYSIWYG can create and allow a fluid link between creating and testing new emails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages - Drag & Drop Message Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. C# SAmple

How about a C# sample on how to retreive the Message URL for an email using it's ID that is returned from Bronto when it is sent.?

My Boss want's to be able to see a picture on an indavidual email that has been sent. Any help would be appreciated

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. RSS FEED: ability to insert a link to the feed automatically when creating a message

When a RSS Feed is created and a message is assigned to it, in order to allow recipients to subscribe to the RSS an icon and hyperlink has to be manually created by grabbing the hyperlink first from the Content --> Feeds page.

Nice to have ability to insert a link to the feed automatically when creating a message. Possibly a list of RSS Feeds that have been created presented in a drop down box to choose from in edit mode. Once selected the icon and link would be inserted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create segments on the fly.

Be allowed to select fields as opposed to lists when selecting the criteria of who to send emails to. That will reduce the amount of lists you would have to continously upload.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. provide an option to automatically append an opt-in request to FTAF messages.

If you could enable an option to automatically append a preheader/header (or even better, a customizable chunk of html) to FTAF messages asking for the opt-in, that would be pretty awesome.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages - Drag & Drop Message Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Workflow Delay Action: Additional Delay Type Options

Would like to see additional drop down options added to include relative dates (month/day only - no year), day of the week, or maybe holiday perhaps.

For example: sending out a birthday email through a workflow that didn't require a year in its delay would eliminate additional copies of the same workflow varying by year only.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow append of temporary suppression list to an individual send

In Bronto, if you want to suppress a group of contacts from an individual mailing, you have to create a new list, then exclude that list from a mailing. Lyris has found a great solution to reduce the clutter: While you're scheduling a send, you can upload a temporary text or xls file of contacts that should be excluded from that delivery only. The file is never stored in the app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Revert Report Export back to Horizontal

I find it odd that the layout of the report export function does not mirror the Interface. In the Bronto Tool, all data is laid out horizontally. When you export a report for a delivery group, the data is vertical. These vertical reports are basically useless for me as we have based all of our report in a horizontal fashion. I now have to manually cut and paste each delivery to into our monthly reports. I understand the vertical approach allows you to pack in more data, but why that can't be done on a horizontal plane does not make…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Social  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiple search criteria for contacts

I'm often looking for a specific person but have only a name - maybe they have multiple emails in Bronto. If their name is common (Jones) I have to look through multiple pages to find the right one. I'd like to search for Jones and THEN in that list search by First name or another field.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Extend API to manage Suppression/Inactive lists

Would it be possible to extend the V4 webservice API to read/manage both the Suppression and Inactive lists?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Return error when API function is incompatible with given token

Some API functions such as readContacts are incompatible with agency level tokens and return null when these functions are called and could be misinterpreted as contact not found. An error should be returned instead.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bring back the report funnel graph.

Bring back the report funnel graph.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The problem with the funnel was that it was a static image, it never changed with your data. It simply doesn’t fit where we are going with the application in terms of trying to represent whats going on with your marketing activities

19. Allow a way for client to shuffle an email list

It seems that the same people receive the email in the same order every time - we sometimes send limited specials, where stock goes quickly, but throttle them to protect our bandwidth, and we fear the same people on our list are getting shorted every time - meaning an email has been going out over 12 hrs, and they consistently get it in the last minute of the 12th hour and stock is always limited. We would love the ability to shuffle the send to prevent this issue

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add the ability to set / read custom fields for list objects, similarly to contacts.

For example, I’d like to specify a presentation order for a list of lists, but the only way I can see to do that is either 1) add some kind of special code to the internal name and parse it out with my app, or 2) maintain my own list / table of list objects, add my extra fields there. Problem with that is I need to constantly validate my list list against the Bronto data.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base