Ideas.Bronto.com

\\
\\

Give Feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data Loader delete contacts

Currently, with DL you cannot delete contacts (but you *can* delete orders).
    Would be nice to be able to use DL to delete contacts, and yes, if a contact is delete it would/should cascade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps - Data Loader  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Leslie,

Data Loader does offer a Delete option, within the Import Contacts job type.

When setting up your import, navigate to the Configuration tab and open the General section. One of the options is Import Action, and the choices are Add, Delete, Update, Add & Update.

If this is not working as expected I would recommend reaching out to our Support Department for assistance.

Thanks so much!
    Jocelyn @ Bronto

2. Cleaning Contacts without adding onboarding group

The "clean contacts" functionality includes onboarding contacts as well. Ideally, these numbers would reflect the number of contacts who were sent the last X emails and did not open, not just did not open, which would include newly added contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expanding the SCA service for more customer engagement

It would be cool if shopping cart abandonment could be expanded to support other types of abandonments. For me, it would be cool to have a feature that works almost exactly like the current shopping cart abandonment system, except that it would track abandoned wishlists. This way, when the user hasn't touch their wishlists is X amount of time, they would be sent an email notifying them that they've left things in their wishlist.

This could be expanded even futher than the wishlist scenario handling page abandonments or site abadonments. We could do things like: this user hasn't visited my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Apps - Browse Recovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow a dropdown field to be hidden within webform with a pre-selected entry

Allow the ability to select a default for a dropdown field within the webform instead of selecting the default at the field creation/manage level. We have the same field across multiple forms and the default needs to be different for many forms

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Webforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remail

When a Remail is listed as an outgoing send, I would like to see it show with the new subject line as opposed to the subject line assigned to the original send. Going in and seeing the Remail listed with the original subject leaves a margin of error in which perhaps we forgot to add that new subject for the Remail, but perhaps we didn't. There's no way to check, so we have to cancel the entire delivery and redo it. This would be a handy update. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Permanent Link Assignment

It would be so nice to have the ability to assign all clickers from all emails, or all emails within a given delivery group, to specific lists based on their click behavior rather than having to do this on a per-message basis. For example, if we have several links that are routinely included in every email (header items, nav, social), and every time they're clicked, I'm going to want to add them to the same list, it would be terrific to be able to set this up once globally and then change it in a given message if needed/wanted (EG:…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts - Lists  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add the ability to workflow node ‘Email Activity’ to check for email BEFORE reaching the node.

The current ‘Email Activity’ node says “The contact was sent an email within 3 hours after reaching this node” (with certain options available). But it is always AFTER reaching the node.

Sometimes we want to divert contacts in a workflow based on recent activity. Instead of getting to a node and then waiting hours/days to see if a particular email is opened (sent, clicked, etc.). The current email activity node is little more than a delay since the contacts sits on that waiting a set amount of time or until the event happens.

If someone opened or clicked a particular…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pop-up issues with saving

When switching back and forth between Bronto sites, certain Apps (e.g. Pop-up manager) have issues like images not saving due to the use of cookies. Workaround involves using incognito mode or two different browsers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Apps - Popup Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom tags for messages for use in links and custom analytics

We send different messages to recent buyers, prospects, buyers that haven't purchased in a while, and of course we have triggered and transnational. Sometimes we send to different segments within these groups. All is fine on Bronto, but for our own backend analytics and for IBM coremetrics, etc. it would be handy to create a tag like %%email_type%% or %%buyer_group%%. When the tags are created a default would be entered and then when a new message is created you could assign a value to the tag(s) that applies only for that email. They could maybe be set up similar to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Filter out cancelled deliveries in 'Deliveries' view

It would be great to add 'Cancelled' as a filter in the Advanced option in the Deliveries view, along with Skipped, Test, etc.

We have many cancelled deliveries as users make tweaks to the message after it is scheduled. This makes the 'Deliveries' view hard to navigate.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Additional Throttling Options

Currently, message throttling is confirmed to 2 hour increments (2,4,6,8, etc). I would like the ability to send at an odd amount of hours (1,2,3,4,5,etc). For one hour - just because I'm sending a message immediately doesn't mean that I want ALL the emails to go out right now. If I want an email to go out between 3 and 4 but not 3 to 5, I don't currently have that option. And for longer spans, maybe I want to target 7 to 10 pm but I don't really want to send from 6 to 7 pm or 10 to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  3 comments  ·  Messages - Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. List pending reports on the dashboard

I'd like to see pending reports in the Recent Reports area. It's frustrating to submit a report request and then not see anything. I know that's normal for how a big system generates reports, but people like to see that their stuff is happening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  3 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. View Contacts without Searching a Specific Contact

For Example:
    Ability to view all contacts in onboarding status without having to search each contact individually or by downloading a report of your entire contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove Cancelled orders from Reporting

Bronto seems to also include CANCELLED orders within its Processed Orders, Revenue and Revenue per Email reports, etc.
    This gives a very inaccurate depiction on how well the emails are performing. CANCELLED orders should not be part of reporting, as they did not actually contribute to the Revenue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support Alt Text in Outlook!

Bronto's emails do not show alt text when viewed in Outlook. We were told by Bronto Support that this is an Outlook problem, which it is not, because we can see alt text when receiving emails from other providers, including ExactTarget.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sample variable data for testing please

Have some sample data that can be used in the previews. Right now it's hard to see what the emails will look like. Just one value for each var, and a few for looping vars would be pretty awesome

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  4 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More filter options within workflow centered in SMS activity

It would be nice that instead of just having the email validation filter in a workflow you could use other filters centered around SMS activity.

For an example, if a customer receives a SMS message and replies a yes for an opt in message, that we would have an option like "email validation" but maybe "text validation" where the company could define what type of text it was looking for... like if the customer responds using the word "yes" you could instruct the workflow to look for the word "yes" so the customer would continue on the workflow activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow sections to move/remove

I've built my email with sections. I would like to move/remove those sections in my template based on needs. If I have an email with an image, half columns, and third columns, I would like to move them around or remove them based on the needs of my email message. Currently there is only the "duplicate" option when adding "sections" in the code. A duplicate can be moved/removed, but not the single original instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages - Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the release of our drag-and-drop Message Editor, you can now duplicate, copy, delete and edit any content blocks. Each content block can be considered a template piece, or you can save the entire layout as a template. There is much more flexibility with the new system, and our Professional Services team is actively using it for new template builds.

Please contact your Account Manager or our Support Department if you’d like to know more.

Thanks so much,
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

19. faster file importing/exporting

It takes forever to import a file with 600k+ rows with just 3 or 4 columns. The import currently is going to take 10+ hours to finish. At our last esp a file exactly like this one would take 5 minutes max.

In regards to exporting data from a past send or downloading a report to look at errors within a file imported through Data Loader, it is not fast at all. We need to be able to download this information within minutes for those last minute requests from our managers. I have to plan a whole day in advance…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts - Imports, Exports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pop-up Manager: Update the radio button fields to appear as radio field in pop-up banner, instead of having it appear as drop-down menu

Update the radio button fields to appear as radio field in pop-up banner, instead of having it appear as drop-down menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps - Popup Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base