Ideas.Bronto.com

\\
\\

Give Feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need a feature that retracts emails that have been sent.

We need a feature that retracts emails that have been sent. It is extremely frustrating to catch an error in an email that's being sent with NO way of correcting the error. Our emails are set up manually, and even with multiple people looking at the emails before they're sent, mistakes are inevitably missed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for your suggestion. We’ve all been there with the feeling of having checked something over thoroughly and still missing a mistake after the email is sent. Unfortunately it simply isn’t possible (regardless of ESP, or even your personal email client) to redact a message.

To help customers avoid sending emails with technical mistakes (bad HTML, wrong tags), we have been rolling out a feature that validates your messages and warns you if we find something.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Eric @ Product

2. Cart abandonment to work cross device - SFCC/DW

Currently if cart recovery emails are opened on a different device to the one that the items were add to cart on nothing shows in the bag.

With more and more customers shopping cross device it would be ideal if the email held the product information so products would be access from any device.

This is a specific request for clients using the Demandware/ Sales Force Commerce Cloud cartridge.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  13 comments  ·  Apps - Cart Recovery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the Magento 1 Module/Extension Provide a 2 Way Sync of Subscription Status

The Magento 1 Module provides only a 1 way subscription status sync from Magento to Bronto. This creates a terrible customer experience where they may unsubscribe via Bronto (eg: through the footer unsubscribe) and this unsubscribe is NOT sync'd back to Magento.

This means that customer service see the customer as subscribed in Magento admin and the customers sees themselves as still subscribed in Magento 'My Account' but they are not actually subscribed to anything. Then you have the added confusion of multi-list subscriptions (and transactional email subscriptions) and it all starts to get messy fast.

The Bronto Magento 2…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New reports - link back to delivery group

I send the same message to several different segments/lists and to get a roll up of the performance, I add all deliveries to a delivery group. When I am using the reporting, it would be so helpful (less clicks) if there is a link back to the delivery group so I can quickly move to another delivery. See file for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting - New Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the continued development of our New Reports and Campaigns, there will be a lot of navigational changes. This specific suggestion is not one that we will be implementing, but I think our planned changes will give you even easier access.

Make sure to follow our Product blog to keep up-to-date on any New Reports enhancements: blog.bronto.com/product.

Thanks so much,
    Jocelyn @ Bronto

5. Add a 'date modified' option when selecting fields in segments

When creating a segment, you cannot find people who's field has been modified within a certain date. Would be great to add this as an option when segmenting, so we can see who has changed a particular field (such as competitions, source etc) within each month or bespoke timeframe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add rules for Delivery Groups

I would like a way to set up rules for Delivery Groups. For example, we use specific naming conventions for our messages so that it's easy to tell one type from another for various messaging programs. I could set up a rule that every message I create with "XYZ" in the name would be automatically added to the "XYZ" delivery group. Another option would be to give the ability to automatically add any messages from a specific folder to a specific delivery group. We already sort our messages in this way, but as new ones are created, they aren't automatically…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At this time we are not looking to change the Delivery Group functionality, as it will be replaced with completely new options with the upcoming New Reports release. Many of the use cases you’ve listed are things we’ve already considered.

New Reports will be released in stages throughout this year, and your Account Manager can provide more information on the expected features.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Jocelyn @ Bronto

7. Message Size Statistic

Would be great to have a stat listing each email's size - by what I'm reading email size is a good indicator of deliverability

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At this time, we have elected not to proceed with this request. It’s not that we don’t think it’s a valuable metric. It’s simply extremely difficult to calculate in a reliable manner. Many aspects of the message size are not determined until the message is actually sent. Dynamic Content, personalization, Product details, Recommendations, and Mobile/Desktop versions, are only some of the factors at play.

If you have additional questions on this, I’m happy to provide additional guidance or suggestions. Just comment here or reach out to your Account Manager.

Thanks so much,
    Jocelyn @ Bronto

8. Change Field Type

It would be nice to be able to change a field type in the field edit menu rather than have to delete the field and recreate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts - Fields  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CSS inliner tool

An easy, one-click CSS inliner tool within Bronto that would prevent email clients from stripping the <head> and <style> tags from emails

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Updating email addresses through Import tool

It should be a simple matter to have some functionality built into Bronto where you can update email addresses using a CSV file with just two columns: CurrentEmail and UpdateEmail

My company went through a call campaign and found that many e-mail addresses in our system were wrong or needed updating. I am told by support that the only way to update those email addresses would involve using the API. Being that I am not a developer by any means, that's a bit of a stretch for me.

Is there any reason that this simple functionality does not exist? Or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts - Imports, Exports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately this is not currently possible due to how our system uses the email address as the unique contact identifier. While that may change in the future, it is a major undertaking and I do not have any timeframe to estimate. If we do change our position on this, I will of course update this submission with any new information.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Jocelyn @ Bronto

11. Bronto should become a compliance partner with RegistryCompliance

Some States, Utah and Michigan in particular have registries for email addresses, etc. of minors. These states have laws making it illegal to send "adult" content to addresses on the list. Any emails that include marketing references to Alcohol, Tobacco, E-cig (vaping), nudity, Gambling, prescription drugs, etc. Many marketing partners and ESPs already partner with RegistryCompliance (for example: Silverpop, Responsys, Bluehornet, Zeta Interactive, Yesmail) and I believe Bronto should participate as well.
    I believe an API interface is available. I don’t know if this could be part of the base product or an app that can process the “scrub” when…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Webforms - Offline data collection

Allow data collection offline and then upload once online. We have contests/signup at events where wifi/internet is not available and need a way to collect the info for entry into Bronto.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Webforms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sample data for sandbox

I received a blank sandbox account with no data. Now I have create lists, fields, contacts etc. etc. to start working with API. It goes even worst when working with messages, delivery and activities.

I think it would be nice to have a fully loaded sandbox to play with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Prevention / Warning of Email Address Becoming Unsubscribed

We utilize Bronto in tandem with the Kibo / MarketLive platform. When a user visits our Contact Us page, emails are relayed through Bronto to our customer service email address. At times, our customer service email address has become unsubscribed in Bronto and Contact Us emails have not reached us.

Our suggestion would be update Bronto to either:
    1) Allow admins to set an email address as never able to become unsubscribed (e.g. a customer service email address) OR
    2) Notify admins upon email address subscription change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add ability to switch templates for an existing message

It would be good to have the ability to switch custom templates for an existing message, without having to start everything from scratch.

While the 'Refresh' template functionality is good for minor template changes, we also need to be able to switch templates for messages to easily duplicate this into different languages, or for efficient template testing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages - Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. All-time Contact History view

We would like to be able to quickly see the entire list of deliveries the contact was sent since subscribing. Currently, the overview screen only shows the number of emails but not what they were.

For this, it would be useful to be able to see the entire contact history on once screen, without needing to scroll through the months.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search messages by email template

It would be very helpful if there was an option in the messages search bar to search emails by their email template. So adding "template" as an option in the drop down menu in the search bar. Currently, the only way to see what template an email message is using is by going into each specific message, so it would be nice if there was an easier way to see all the messages that are using a specific template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages - Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the transition to our new drag-and-drop message editor, messages are no longer built with one single “template”, but rather individual Content Blocks. As you use the new message builder, don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any suggestions you’d like to see implemented.

Thanks so much,
    - Jocelyn @ Bronto

18. Allow creation of anchors & bookmarks through the drag & drop editor

We should easily be able to add an anchor and link a bookmark to text within an email using the drag & drop editor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Messages - Drag & Drop Message Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to permanently delete contacts from system

As it stands now, only support can do this, and it requires a 2-3 day turnaround. We should be able to delete contacts on our own, instantly. This is a data security concern.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Disassociate email address from phone number for text-to-join contacts

It is ridiculous that our email list can only accept one new email address per phone number. Email address should be the unique identifier in our database, not phone number. As it stands now, two unique email addresses can not be added from one phone number. This also prevents us from testing our text to join campaign, since each of us can only test it one time, EVER.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  SMS / Text to Join  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?
Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base