Ideas.Bronto.com

\\
\\

Give Feedback

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better categorization of GeoIP data

The current GeoIP system looks for the most-frequently used IP address over 14 days. For mobile, this is virtually useless.

Please add more flexibility such as ability to match on area (so if someone has opened via mobile all over a city, using different IP addresses, the city is still known). Also, please add regions (EU etc.) to the search.

That we can't segment by country except for people who use desktop is frustrating!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Frequency cap calculator

With no current function or tool to support the tracking of frequency cap breaches, it would be very useful to have a simple calculator that would help you manually work out when a cap will lift for a given segment.

This could be housed in the delivery report, or even as a separate tool,
    and would show the given time periods following the send (e.g. 30 days).

It can be uncertain, given this is based on hours - and our accounts can function in different time zones.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a "Modified When" segment option instead of "Last modified".

I saw somebody else thought of this idea, and it was declined. I don't know why it was declined. I'd love to be able to have the option to better know our customers and when they modify their info, not when they "last modified".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have the option to segment when contacts were added to a specific list

I would REALLY like being able to segment when contacts were added to a list. Instead I just see the growth and who is on the list. I want to know WHEN they were added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Segment For First Time Purchase Of Item

There's not a way to set the criteria to detect a purchase and also to have it check to see that they haven't purchased the product before. I want to set up a workflow that is triggered by the first purchase of a product(s). The segment will have to determine that the item was not purchased before. This is pretty basic relational database functionality. Not sure why you can't do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A criteria that would filter contacts that have been added on a list between dates.

A criteria that would filter contacts that have been added on a list between dates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. auto complete

When creating a segment, allow for auto-completion or have a drop-down selection from variables that are gathered via api from Magento or any website.

IE I want a segment: Users who have purchased items from the category sunglasses

In the Segment builder it would look like: Commerce> Order/Converted> 'All orders' where 'the product category' is 'sunglasses'

All options have to be manually typed so I constantly have to log into Magento, view the exact names of the categories in the back end and use those, along with other possible variations of the spelling as it appears via permalink to hopefully…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Compare two contact fields against each other in segments

I would like to build a segment based off of a comparison of two fields in the contact's profile. For example, if the date in Contact Field A is the same date or later than the date in Contact Field B, then add this user to the segment. Currently, I can only compare date fields to a calendar, rather than against other date fields.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

received  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a Segment to Globally Qualify or Suppress Contacts

I work with other ESPs that let you create a segment and specify it as a global filter for every email that gets sent out of the ESP. In other words, the system checks against the filter to determine you're qualified to receive ANY emails, batched or workflow, without having to modify contact status or add additional criteria to every active segment or list.

Use case: When updating segments for GDPR, I had to modify every single segment we use (~20) to exclude contacts with an EU billing address. Having an account-level segment that can be used as a filter…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

received  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to add notes to a segment

I would be really helpful to be able to leave notes in a segment to keep track of when you made changes. Our previous ESP had this and it was really useful. Should be pretty easy to implement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Be able to import/copy paste a lot of SKUs/Product ID/ page at once

Be able to import/copy paste a lot of SKUs/Product ID/ page at once

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create Segments based on the last product (SKU, brand, name) purchased

Have ability to create segments by the brand or specific product that a customer last purchased. Not just current functionality of ever purchased.

Example: Customers tend to be loyal to a footwear brand, say Brand A, B, C. We want the ability to send them tailored emails or SMS, to only highlight an offer on the brand they last purchased as it's likely to would repeat purchase that same brand/product.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

received  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Segment Criteria: % opened/clicked in a delivery group

It would be great if there were segment criteria that allows you to create a segment based on the percentage of emails opened in a delivery group. Say you have a blog and you have been posting about a certain topic and notifying users via email. If you could send to the users that opened 50% of the emails in that delivery group, you could better target future content/products/etc for higher open/click rate saturation vs. doing a send to the whole list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. allow to segment on amount spent over X amount of time

Allow users to segment data based on customers who have spent a particular amount of money over a set amount of time. IE contacts who have spent £1000 in the past 12 months.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include a segment in a segment

I have one master list from that I have segments for 14 brands. It would be nice if I could build a base segment for the 14 brands and use that base segment in other segments. Currently if I make any change to the base part of my criteria I have to go through and edit ever segment for that brand.

As an example for my business:
    One main list containing all customers for all 14 brand, some which my cross brands.
    Base Segment 1: All Corvette Customers with activity within the last 12 months

Then I could use those…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Segment based on contact opened the last "number" of messages delivered

There is an option to segment on contacts who have not opened the last "x" number of emails to target non engaged contacts. There is no option for the reverse to target engaged contacts. Allow us to segment on contacts that have opened the last "x" number of messages or deliveries.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Segment Specific Link clicked for messages that have not been delivered

We usually build our segments in advanced (before the message is sent/ delivered) and these segments are sometimes used as triggers for another action with the workflow. It would be desirable to be able to set-up a segment, based on a ‘specific link clicked’ before the message is sent. At the moment, if the message has not been delivered the result in the segment is ‘0 links found’ (see screenshot attached) and therefore we cannot set-up the segment until the message has been delivered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make preferred send time a field

I have seen this be suggested for 'contact exports' but this would be useful to create segments for contacts who preferred to be emailed in periods of the day. IE morning afternoon evening

We cannot always use send time optimization, due to it running over 24 hours. In a sale period, this could mean customers could receive the email after an offer has closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

received  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a "has never been set" option for checkbox fields in Segment settings

Current options for checkbox fields in segment settings:

field "Is Checked"
    field "Is Unchecked"

Requesting that the options become:

field "Is Checked"
    field "Is Unchecked"
    field "Has Never Been Set" (or similar wording)

Reason:

Currently, if you create a segment based on a checkbox field and set it to find contacts where the checkbox "Is Unchecked", the segment will also pull in all contacts where the checkbox value is "n/a" (n/a is the value of the checkbox before it has been modified for the first time - it is an empty string and therefore qualifies as unchecked) which in many…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

received  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts - Segments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Criteria For Engaged Contacts To Match the Non-Engaged Contact Rules

There are a few segment criteria in the Contact area called Non-Engaged that allows you to query people who have not opened the last xx emails they were sent.

However, there is no way to find the reverse of that segment criteria. I would be great to add a section called "Engaged" where you can run a segment for anyone who has opened one of the last xx messages they were sent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?
Join the UX Brigade!

Bronto’s User Experience team is interested in hearing from you. Would you like to participate?

Schedule Time Now

Feedback and Knowledge Base